Article 29: Education must develop every child’s personality, talent and abilities to the full.
Current Vision – [under review]
Our vision is to develop young people who are moral citizens with the skills and knowledge crucial to becoming, productive, effective and successful citizens in the 21st Century.
To realise this vision we will:
- Give all our children the best possible start in life, providing a nurturing and inclusive learning environment.
- Ensure that every young person has the opportunity to be a successful learner, confident individual, responsible citizen and an effective contributor.
- Work with our communities to promote high expectations which deliver the best educational outcomes for all learners.
- Celebrate diversity, reduce inequalities and remove barriers to learning.
- Provide a caring and supporting environment which ensures the health and wellbeing of all of our pupils is always at the forefront of our minds.
Our values are also under review in session 2020-21
Our interim vision is underpinned by our current values, values which are reflected in all school practices and policies. Our PRIDE values are:
These values underpin the current culture that drives teaching and learning in Penicuik High School therefore we want them to shape our pupils’ experiences. They are displayed around the school and feed into every part of school life from lesson planning to assemblies, to our behaviour policy and the whole structure of the school day. They are the heartbeat of our school and every staff member is committed to them.
Our core values help us to make strategic decisions within school. They also define the relationship between staff, pupils, parents and the wider community. Finally they also ensure consistency across multiple areas within the school and foster a culture that helps people work together in an effective and valuable way.
Vision & Values Review
As you know there have been major changes to the Scottish Education System and we have fully reviewed our curriculum (Session 2019-20) and will review our ethos, vision and values in session 2020-21.
The Ethos review will invite all stakeholders to participate and opportunities to be involved will be shared through the website and school communications. Due to the Covid 19 pandemic this process has been delayed.