S1-3 Physical Education
This is a broad ranging course which is designed following the principles of Curriculum for Excellence. It includes a selection of the following activities:
Hockey Rugby Swimming Fitness
Gymnastics Athletics Basketball Dance
Badminton Netball Volleyball Handball
Through this wide range of activities PE aims to provide pupils with a platform from which they can build physical competencies, improve physical fitness and develop cognitive skills and personal qualities.
Pupils are expected to complete one homework task each term. The homework will be relevant to the activities pupils will be doing in class at that time. Homework should be completed to the best of every students’ ability and handed in before the deadline.
There are three experiences and outcomes that pupils are assessed in:
Movement skills competencies and concepts
- Select adapt and apply movement skills creatively accurately and with control.
- Practice, consolidate and refine skills to improve performance.
- Develop and sustain levels of fitness.
Cooperation and Competition
- Develop skills to lead and recognise strengths in group members and themselves.
- Contribute to teams through knowledge of individual strengths group tactics and strategies.
Evaluating and Appreciating
- Analyse and discuss own and others’ work recognising strengths and areas of improvement.
- Giving pupils the opportunity to work on their own, with a partner, or in groups using a variety of equipment both indoors and outdoors their knowledge and understanding of a wide variety of sporting activities will be enhanced.