HOUSE ASSEMBLIES THIS WEEK
There are House Assemblies as follows:
TODAY – LIDDELL
Please report to the Assembly Hall at 8.30am where you will be registered.
MESSAGE FROM HEAD TEACHER
On the whole behaviour this term has been respectful and constructive and many of you are keen to engage and learn. Thank you for you positive contributions to the ethos of the school.
Would students also please note the following:
- Punctuality to school still remains a problem for some and a small number of students are failing to complete the detentions given on a Friday for arriving late before school or after lunch. From return after the October break failure to do a late detention will result in it doubling for the next Friday. If that is not completed a SMT detention for an hour after school will be given and a letter will be sent home.
- Out of class: Students who are sent out of class must complete their detention on the Friday of that week unless they have a reasonable excuse and a confirmation from parents. From return after the October break, failure to complete the detention will see an SMT detention issued for one hour after school and a letter sent home.
- In any situation where a student fails to do a SMT detention given for failure to complete a normal Friday detention more serious sanctions may follow and will be discussed with Parents.
- Uniform – the vast majority of students are in correct uniform but a small minority of students are still wearing leggings or non-uniform items without bringing a note from home and obtaining a uniform note from the office. A few students have been excused for some items for specific health reasons.
There will be a uniform blitz after the October break and from then on students who fail to bring a note from home or obtain a uniform note from the office will receive a Friday detention for 15 minutes
Uniform issues are recorded by the office and continual disobedience over uniform will result in contact with parents.
Thanks you for your cooperation on these matters.
The named S2 pupils are reminded to please attend a meeting on Wednesday 9 October at lunchtime. Thank you.
S4 – S6 BUSINESS BREAKFAST FRIDAY 25 OCTOBER 8.45 -9.30AM
Ever wondered what it’s like to work in the creative industry? Come along and hear about opportunities and career pathways in Art & Design. You will be able to gain first-hand knowledge from a local artist and designer and ask questions about qualifications and courses. Breakfast will also be provided! If you would like to attend, please let your Guidance Teacher know or sign up on the sheet outside the Guidance Base. If you would like further information, please see Mrs Brandie.
HALLOWEEN COSTUME DAY – FRIDAY 25 OCTOBER
On Friday 25 October there will be a whole school fancy dress/costume day. All students and teachers are welcome to dress up as best as they can, as there will be prizes for the best costumes, including a separate prize for the best teacher. The S6 Social Committee will judge all the best entries at break time in the assembly hall. If you want to take part in this day and dress up, you are required to bring in £1 which will be collected during registration.
S6 Social Committee
PHS PROM 2020
Prom has been confirmed for 5 June 2020 at SKYBar Edinburgh, within the DoubleTree by Hilton. Deposits of £10 are required from S6 students by 1 November at the latest, and they should be handed into the office. Subsequent payments will be spread over the following few months. The total cost of the ticket will be £50 and you can pay fully if you would like instead of paying in instalments. The cost of the ticket includes a 3 course meal, DJ, red carpet, and a free mocktail. All teachers should have now received their invitations by email. Students who left at the end of S5 will be officially invited by the school, but people who have not attended the school are not allowed.
S6 Social Committee
TO THE OFFICE
Can the named pupils please come to the school office at breaktime today.
MUSICAL PERFORMANCES FOR ALL YEAR GROUPS – TUESDAY 8 OCTOBER
TODAY we will be hosting musical performances in the Assembly Hall for all year groups across the school. These will be performed by Natasha Stewart, an upcoming Scottish solo artist who is embarking on a school tour across the UK with a message of Careers, Aspirations and Mental Health. Performing under the stage name “ThisisNamaste”, Natasha has already toured as a backing singer for Rita Ora, Ella Eyre and is now embarking on her own exciting solo journey. Furthermore, she will be supporting Little Mix on some of their tour dates later this year as well as releasing her debut album. Natasha is a University graduate who has had her own struggles with mental health so feels she is in the perfect position to be talking about careers, education & options after school as well as the subject of mental health.
The day will run as follows;
- P3 – All of S2 are expected to attend the performance in the Hall
- P4 – All of S3 are expected to attend the performance in the Hall
- P5 – All of S4/5/6 (those not at College/Volunteering or attending other schools for classes) are expected to attend the performance in the Hall
- P6 – All of S1 are expected to attend the performance in the Hall
Teachers should register pupils in their classrooms before escorting them down to the hall where they will be for the remainder of the lesson and performance.
The Guidance Team
ROAD RACE CHAMPIONSHIPS
Brilliant run by our S2 pupil who represented the school at SSAA Secondary Road Race Championships at Pittencrieff Park, Dunfermline on Wednesday 2 October. She finished 26th in a field of 114 runners which is a fantastic achievement particularly as she was one of the youngest. She just missed the cut off for the younger shorter race meaning some of the competitors were almost two years older than her. Should put her in a good position for next year one year older and the experience of running the distance with an admirable placing.
Active Schools Coordinator
S6 2 x STUDY PERIODS
S6 pupils are reminded to complete the necessary form (available from your register teacher) if they wish to have 2 periods outside school. This should be handed in to the office as soon as possible. Pupils are reminded they must sign out at the office, and sign back in on their return.
Senior students who go out volunteering to primaries, etc, must remember to complete the necessary form (available from school office). This should then be returned to Mrs Davidson in the office. Thank you.
DRESS DOWN DAY ON LAST DAY OF TERM – FRIDAY 11 OCTOBER
We will have a dress down day this Friday 11 October in aid of Stand Up For Cancer. Pupils are asked to bring in a donation which will be collected at registration. Thank you.