Vocal Group will start back up on Monday 9 September 3.30-4pm in room 4. We are starting our rehearsals for the concert in December and it would be great to see some new faces – all are welcome from S1-S6. Looking forward to seeing you all then!
DATA CHECK FORMS
A number of you have still to return your forms and they are due by this Friday. Pupils should return their data check forms to the school office this week please. Thank you.
FINAL CALL/CONFIRMED PLACES – S5/6 PUPILS – HOLOCAUST EDUCATIONAL TRUST’S LESSONS FROM AUSCHWITZ PROJECT
We have had 2 places confirmed (we are no longer a reserve school) for two senior pupils (you must be aged 16-18 to take part) from Penicuik High School to take part in the project this year.
The four parts of the project are:
- Tuesday 24 September 3-7pm (Edinburgh) An introductory seminar (hear a Holocaust survivor speak, learn about pre-war Jewish life and prepare for the visit)
- Thursday 3 October (flying from Edinburgh) A one day visit (flying from Edinburgh) to the former Nazi concentration and death camp of Auschwitz-Birkenau in Poland
- Sunday 6 October 1-4:30pm (Edinburgh) A follow-up seminar (to reflect on the visit and the contemporary relevance of the lessons of the Holocaust)
- Sharing your experience with other pupils at PHS and the community (likely to be assemblies) (Submission Monday 18 November)
- You must be able to attend all sessions (including travelling to the Edinburgh
venue and to/from Edinburgh airport).
- The total cost is £59 – the school will partially fund this.
- You require a valid passport.
If you would like to be considered for this opportunity please explain in no more than 300 words why you think you would be the ideal pupil to represent Penicuik High school at the Lessons from Auschwitz Project.
Returns should be given to Miss Lyon no later than Wednesday 11 September.
EDINBURGH COLLEGE OF PHYSICIANS FREE SCHOOL LECTURES (S4 – S6)
Thinking of becoming a doctor? The Edinburgh College of Physicians is holding free lectures, geared towards S4 – S6 students considering a career in medicine. Current medical students and newly qualified doctors will focus on how to prepare best for application to medical school, including personal statements and work experience opportunities. For further information about attending these lectures please see Mrs Brandie.
EDINBURGH HIGHER EDUCATION CONVENTION 2019
The above convention will take place at the Royal Highland Centre on Tuesday 17 September. This is for all students in S6 who are applying to university. All Scottish and some English universities will be represented. You will have a chance to speak to admission officers about courses and qualifications. If you plan to attend, please see Mrs Brandie as soon as possible re registering attendance and time slot.
S2 ENRICHMENT CHANGES FROM THIS THURSDAY 5 SEPTEMBER
|S Van Aswegen||2p4||2p1||2p5||2p2||2p6||2p3||2p7|
AFTER SCHOOL GIRLS NETBALL
Netball club will start back on the following dates;
Junior (S1 &S2) Monday 9 September 3.30-4.30pm in the Games Hall
Senior (S3-S6) Tuesday 10 September 3.30-4.30pm in the Games Hall
All previous and new players welcome. Please collect a Sports Club form from the PE department if interested.
Lockers will be on sale on the days listed below. On the day for your year group, please bring your signed form + £7 payment (cheques payable to Penicuik High School) to the school office at breaktime where you will be allocated a locker and collect your key.
TODAY – S5/S6
S1 AND S2 AFTER SCHOOL CODING CLUB
Mrs McGovern & Georgie Black (S4)