S5/S6 PRELIM EXAMS
The prelim exams continue this week in the Assembly Hall so pupils are reminded that for the duration of the exams:
- Do not use the corridor behind the Assembly Hall.
- Do not use the main corridor unless you are reporting to the office or Mrs Yule. Please keep to the upper floor as much as possible as this also benefits the pupils in the library.
Anyone who did not get their photo on Friday can collect it from the office at breaktime today. You are reminded that all orders should be returned to the school office no later than Friday 26 January. Group photos are on display in the cabinet outside the school office.
Vocal group will restart on Monday 22 January 3.30-4pm in room 4. New members are welcome to come along!
ATTENTION S5 STUDENTS! SUTTON TRUST SUMMER SCHOOL
Are you intending to go to university and
- Would be in the first generation of their family to attend university
- Have been eligible for free school meals
- Live in a neighbourhood with a low rate of progression to higher education and/or a high level of socio-economic deprivation
- Have achieved at least five A or B passes at National 5, and where applicable, taken subjects relevant to the course applied for ?
If you tick some or all of these boxes, then the Sutton Trust summer school would be an ideal opportunity for you. For more information, speak to Mr Saffhill or go online to https://summerschools.suttontrust.com/
The school nurse has been in to check the forms. The named pupils are still outstanding and should return their form AS SOON AS POSSIBLE. Please hand in to the school office.
Hockey Club will start back this Thursday 18 January. See you then.
Mrs Cochrane & Miss McCord
REMINDER – MALAWI PARTNERSHIP – PARENTS INFORMATION EVENING
There will be an information evening on Wednesday 24 January for parents of pupils in S3 & S4 who are interested in the possibility of visiting our partner school in Namadzi, Malawi in June 2019. If you are interested in this meeting, please see Mrs Andrew in Room 12 for a letter.
REMINDER – MIDLOTHIAN SNOWSPORT PROGRAMME
The after school skiing/boarding sessions restart on Wednesday 17 January. If you have not attended and would like to start, or just need a replacement form, please come and see me.
REMINDER – KRAKOW TRIP 2018
A reminder to all pupils going on the Krakow trip in June 2018 that the next payment of £150 is due by the morning of Friday 26 January. Please hand this in to Miss Docherty. Thank you.